You are here:
Home > Advice & Info
Lost & Found Services
If you have lost your dog here is some important information to help reunite you with your dog:
When Looking for Your Lost Dog:
- Tell the staff at the front desk that you are looking for your lost dog.
- Walk through the main kennel to see if your dog is here and/or ask to be escorted through
the rest of the building to see if your dog is here.
- If your dog is not here:
- Please ask to complete a lost report.
- Provide as many details as possible to identify your dog,and supply a picture if possible (lost reports are held for 14 days – if your dog is still missing, please notify the shelter.)
- Check our adoptable dogs page regularly. Dogs that are stray holds will be posted here.
- Stray dogs who come in with no tags are required by Ohio law to be held for a 72-hour stray hold prior to being made available for adoption.
- Stray dogs who come in with a current year license are placed on a 14-day hold prior to being made available for adoption.
- A 7-day “courtesy” hold can be placed on a dog with a license that isn’t
current or if there is some other identifier that can be attempted to
- Post lost notices in your neighborhood.
- Call your city’s animal control office (Police Department and/or Service Department). The Deputy can provide this information.
- Contact emergency clinics and veterinarian offices.
- Check our shelter at least every two days – you are the best person to identify your dog.
4. If your dog is here:
- You must provide proof of Ownership
- Vet Records
- Any other verifiable proof of ownership
- The following fees will apply:
- Dog License (plus penalty if applicable), impound, housing and feeding, etc.
- Housing and feeding fees will be added daily for the length of the dog’s stay
- Cash, Credit Card of Check accepted. (We do not take American Express).
Other Places to Contact/Look for Your Dog
- Cleveland APL - 1731 Willey Ave. - 216-771-4616
- City of Cleveland Cleveland Kennels - 9023 Detroit Rd. - 216-664-3069
- Pepperidge Kennels - 7368 Oakhill - 440-232-2964
- Social Media pages (ie. Sam the Parrot, Cleveland Area Lost and Found Pets, your local community/police department pages or Cuyahoga County Lost and Found Pets, just to name a few).
- Critter Control - East Cleveland - 216-642-3044
- Cleveland Zoo / Metropark Rangers